Monday 5 March 2018

Recipe Index - new to Snig's Kitchen



Dear Readers,


I have finally got round to compiling a recipe index for this blog. I know, it has been a very, very long time coming! You will find it here: http://snigskitchen.blogspot.com/p/recipe-index.html


I started writing this blog with absolutely zero knowledge of how to do any of this stuff. I wanted to share my passion for food online, in an immediate and simple way. I’ve learned a lot as I’ve gone along, but realise there is so much I am still working out. I chose a “blogger” blog because it seemed like the blog platform which required no knowledge to get started. I started blogging with lots of enthusiasm, but no technical skills. The simplicity of the blogger interface has suited me, even though some of its quirks have driven me up the wall (portrait photos being displayed as landscape, complete with 90 degree rotation is one which really winds me up!). 


Photo by Kavita Favelle

One thing I have realised over several years of blogging is that a blog, because it essentially is an online diary, means the older content you post gets buried. There are recipes which I am proud of and I know work well which readers can’t easily find, because they were posted some time ago. 


I hope that this recipe index will make my blog more useful, more accessible, and more helpful than ever before. I hope you will give some of these recipes a try. Or if all you do is have a little browse in your lunch break to give you something other than work to think about, that’s great. As always, please let me know how you get on and what you think. It is always a joy to hear from you, my readers.


I have tried to compile the index in the same way as a book index would work. Therefore, some dishes will appear more than once in the index because it has more than one “key word”. This might annoy some people, I know. But it will help those who like to browse or find inspiration with no particular fixed idea of what to cook.


I hope you will have a browse, wander around some of these blog posts and find stuff to interest you.


With very best wishes


Snigdha

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment